CREW is a non-profit dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics. We’re looking for a Staff Assistant to help us build a better Washington. We need someone who’s quick on their feet, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done recently:
- Monitored and managed open records requests across several government agencies.
- Assisted with research, writing, and communications on money in politics and ethics issues.
- Processed grassroots contributions from donors throughout the world.
- Monitored incoming communications to legal, communications and executive team and route accordingly.
- Maintained 501(c)(3) state charitable registrations and other IRS financial documents and registrations.
- Proofread, filed, and delivered legal, court, and other documents.
- Planned and organized internal and external office events, meetings, and conferences.
- Scheduled travel, booking accommodations, and managed group and individual schedules.
- Assisted in the invoicing and billing process, prepared expense reports, and other administrative duties.
- Managed and uploaded CREW’s legal documents.
- Acted as liaison between CREW and IT contractors.
A great candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- An interest in ethics and money in politics issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- The ability to work collaboratively.
- Initiative to identify needs, take charge of tasks, and get things done in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
Please, no phone calls.