Jobs at CREW
CREW currently has openings for the following positions:
CREW seeks a Staff Assistant to join our creative and fast-paced office. This is a unique opportunity to support all facets of the organization – the Executive Director, Communications, Legal, Fundraising and Research departments. We are seeking a highly-organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and professional candidate eager to join a dynamic team and support CREW’s outreach efforts.
- Locating news stories and posting/updating information on CREW’s sites (website content management)
- Handle and transfer incoming calls, messages and mail parcels
- Researching information for all departments
- Act as liaison between CREW and IT contactors for support
- Filing/faxing/mailing legal, court and other documents
- Manage and upload CREW’s legal documents via Scribd
- Planning and organizing all internal and external office events
- Order office and event supplies
- Set up speaking engagements for CREW employees
- Handle duties of Communications Associate, if absent
- Record, edit and upload relevant media appearances
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interest in politics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop; familiarity with basic video editing software
- Research experience, particularly internet research
- Must be very detail-oriented and follow through on tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong initiative to identify needs and take charge of tasks, as well as work under pressure and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
We seek undergraduate students to serve as unpaid interns during the fall of 2013. Undergraduate interns will assist with research and operations alongside CREW’s research team, including conducting in-depth investigations into government corruption.
Interns will learn and use various sources of public information to track special interest spending, campaign spending, and political contributions, and review lobbying records. Additional duties include following up on investigative tips, conducting background research of elected officials, drafting content for reports and blogs, and generating innovative project ideas and report proposals. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, enthusiastic, resourceful, detail-oriented, and interested in legal or ethics issues.
How to Apply
This position is based in Washington, D.C. Interested applicants should e-mail a resume, cover letter and availability to John Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please place your name and “Undergraduate Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
CREW seeks undergraduate or graduate students to serve as unpaid policy interns during the fall of 2013. Interns will support policy development and advocacy alongside CREW’s policy director by drafting position papers and blogposts, researching federal government activities, facilitating lobbying efforts, and participating in coalition activities. In summary, interns will learn how a small advocacy shop functions.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is a skillful writer and interested in the nuances of policymaking on government transparency and accountability issues. He or she will have an appetite for information and an interest in trying new approaches and thinking creatively about problem solving.
How to Apply
This position is based in Washington, D.C. Interested applicants should e-mail a resume, cover letter and availability to Daniel Schuman at email@example.com. A brief writing sample is welcome but not required. Please place your name and “Policy Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is seeking unpaid legal interns. Responsibilities include legal and related research, analyzing emerging issues, and assisting in the preparation of complaints, reports and other written products. Interested applicants must have completed at least one year of law school and must possess strong written and analytical skills. The legal intern position offers law students an opportunity to participate in a current hot-button issue of great public importance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place your name and "Legal Intern Application" in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.