Jobs at CREW
CREW currently has openings for the following positions:
CREW seeks a research associate. CREW’s research team works to identify, research, and produce reports about unethical, illegal, and otherwise questionable behavior by members of Congress and other government officials, as well as inappropriate influence exerted by powerful interests.
- Research/Investigation: Researchers exhaustively research and investigate government corruption, including reviewing and analyzing government documents, news reports, databases, public information and other resources and extracting all relevant information.
- Synthesis: Researchers synthesize information into accurate, concise written reports for the media and the public and create databases and online resources for public use.
- Producing Reports: Researchers draft blog posts, press releases, and brief reports for distribution, and edit and fact check reports.
- Generating ideas: Researchers generate innovative project ideas and investigative report proposals.
- Team support: Researchers collect news clips to distribute internally and work with the legal team on preparing lawsuits as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science or related field
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent writing, editing and fact checking skill
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must work well under pressure, adapt to changing situations, and prioritize numerous projects and tasks
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize emerging trends and generate creative content ideas
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We can respond only to candidates whom we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek undergraduate students to serve as unpaid interns during the fall of 2015. Undergraduate interns will assist with research and operations alongside CREW’s research team, including conducting in-depth investigations into government corruption.
Interns will learn and use various sources of public information to track special interest spending, campaign spending, and political contributions, and review lobbying records. Additional duties include following up on investigative tips, conducting background research of elected officials, drafting content for reports and blogs, and generating innovative project ideas and report proposals. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, enthusiastic, resourceful, detail-oriented, and interested in legal or ethics issues.
How to Apply
This position is based in Washington, D.C. Interested applicants should e-mail a resume, cover letter and availability to John Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please place your name and “Undergraduate Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
CREW seeks undergraduate or graduate students to serve as unpaid policy interns during the fall of 2015. Interns will support policy development and advocacy alongside CREW’s policy director by drafting position papers and blogposts, researching federal government activities, facilitating lobbying efforts, and participating in coalition activities. In summary, interns will learn how a small advocacy shop functions.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is a skillful writer and interested in the nuances of policymaking on government transparency and accountability issues. He or she will have an appetite for information and an interest in trying new approaches and thinking creatively about problem solving.
How to Apply
This position is based in Washington, D.C. Interested applicants should e-mail a resume, cover letter and availability to Daniel Schuman at email@example.com. A brief writing sample is welcome but not required. Please place your name and “Policy Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is seeking unpaid legal interns. Responsibilities include legal and related research, analyzing emerging issues, and assisting in the preparation of complaints, reports and other written products. Interested applicants must have completed at least one year of law school and must possess strong written and analytical skills. The legal intern position offers law students an opportunity to participate in a current hot-button issue of great public importance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place your name and "Legal Intern Application" in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.