Jobs at CREW
CREW has openings for the following positions:
- Legal Interns (accepting applications for summer 2013)
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a development associate to join our creative and fast-paced office. We are seeking a self- starter with excellent writing credentials, strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks and priorities. The candidate will also have professional fundraising or donor management experience in a non-profit or similar environment. Responsibilities will include identifying new funding opportunities, coordinating development events and projects, tracking donor communications, drafting grant proposals, and managing foundation reporting requirements.
CREW is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting ethics and accountability in government and public life. Founded in 2003, CREW has played a key role in motivating the public and policymakers to change the culture of corruption in Washington. Through litigation, exhaustive research and strategic communications, CREW impacts the way government officials conduct business, ensuring that they are continually working to better the public good.
- Track all development communications.
- Identify opportunities to engage donors and allies and coordinate fundraising events.
- Create donor outreach materials, both in print and online.
- Research and prepare background information.
- Research grant funding opportunities and maintain calendar of grant process, due dates, and reporting requirements.
- Draft grant proposals and reports. Analyze fundraising history to create fundraising planning documents.
- Minimum two years professional experience, preferably in non-profit or campaign fundraising.
- Experience with grant writing or other persuasive writing.
- Highly computer literate, with some database management or data entry experience.
- Sharp attention to detail and desire to create and maintain order within fast moving environment.
- Proven ability to work well in a team, follow up with coworkers and supervisors to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Enthusiasm for contact with donors and prospects. Ability to think creatively.
The following are desirable but not required:
- Familiarity with GiftWorks donor database.
- Event planning experience, including logistics, host committee management, and RSVP list management.
- Knowledge of government reform issues.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com. CREW offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. CREW is an equal opportunity employer.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is seeking unpaid legal interns. Responsibilities include legal and related research, analyzing emerging issues, and assisting in the preparation of complaints, reports and other written products. Interested applicants must have completed at least one year of law school and must possess strong written and analytical skills. The legal intern position offers law students an opportunity to participate in a current hot-button issue of great public importance.
We are currently accepting applicants for summer 2013.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place your name and "Legal Intern Application" in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.