Jobs at CREW
CREW currently has openings for the following positions:
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is seeking unpaid legal interns for the Fall of 2016. Responsibilities include legal and related research, analyzing emerging issues, and assisting in the preparation of complaints, reports and other written products. Interested applicants must have completed at least one year of law school and must possess strong written and analytical skills. The legal intern position offers law students an opportunity to participate in a current hot-button issue of great public importance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please place your name and "Legal Intern Application" in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
CREW seeks a research associate. CREW’s research team works to identify, research, and produce reports about unethical, illegal, and otherwise questionable behavior by members of Congress and other government officials, as well as inappropriate influence exerted by powerful interests.
- Research/Investigation: Researchers exhaustively research and investigate government corruption, including reviewing and analyzing government documents, news reports, databases, public information and other resources and extracting all relevant information.
- Synthesis: Researchers synthesize information into accurate, concise written reports for the media and the public and create databases and online resources for public use.
- Producing Reports: Researchers draft blog posts, press releases, and brief reports for distribution, and edit and fact check reports.
- Generating ideas: Researchers generate innovative project ideas and investigative report proposals.
- Team support: Researchers collect news clips to distribute internally and work with the legal team on preparing lawsuits as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science or related field
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent writing, editing and fact checking skill
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must work well under pressure, adapt to changing situations, and prioritize numerous projects and tasks
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize emerging trends and generate creative content ideas
- Journalism experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We can respond only to candidates whom we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.