Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks an aggressive, detail-oriented research associate to focus on business investigations and corporate accountability. As a nonpartisan non-profit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and bold communications grounded by in-depth research. From tracking the conflicts of interest of the new administration to combing through campaign finance reports to identify legal and ethical violations, CREW’s research team is busier than ever. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the business world and experience researching corporations.
- Research/Investigation: Researchers exhaustively research and investigate government corruption, business influence, and conflicts of interest, including reviewing and analyzing government documents, corporate records, news reports, databases, public information and other resources and extracting all relevant information.
- Synthesis: Researchers synthesize information into accurate, concise written reports for the media and the public and create databases and online resources for public use.
- Producing Reports: Researchers draft blog posts, press releases, and brief reports for distribution, and edit and fact check reports.
- Generating ideas: Researchers generate innovative project ideas and investigative report proposals.
- Team support: Researchers collect news clips to distribute internally and work with the legal team on preparing lawsuits as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science or related field
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of and experience with corporate research techniques
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent writing, editing and fact checking skill
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must work well under pressure, adapt to changing situations, and prioritize numerous projects and tasks
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize emerging trends and generate creative content ideas
- Journalism experience a plus.
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].