Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks an experienced Communications Associate to support its growing press outreach program. As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and communications grounded by in-depth research.
As CREW continues to take bold legal action to hold the Trump administration, Congress and others accountable for conflicts of interest, ethics abuses and violations of the law, we are looking for a Communications Associate to join our creative and fast-paced communications team and help us build a better Washington.
The ideal candidate is quick on their feet, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government. The Communications Associate position is a terrific opportunity to be on the front lines of the fight for a more ethical government, engaging with a broad range of media outlets to fight corruption in Washington and highlight the need for reform.
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts and email updates;
- Build and manage targeted press lists;
- Answer incoming requests from members of the press;
- Monitor news relevant to CREW’s mission and keep senior staff informed with pertinent clips;
- Schedule and track interviews with senior staff and principals; and
- Work with the Communications Director in developing and pitching story ideas.
A great candidate has:
- 1-3+ years of communications experience, preferably in nonprofit, government, campaign or comparable setting with demonstrated interest in national politics;
- Experience with the creation and management of time-sensitive materials;
- A demonstrated commitment to producing superior written work;
- Worked collaboratively with coalition groups and diverse teams; and
- An interest in government ethics and money in politics issues.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include your last name and “Communications Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
CREW is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.