Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks an experienced Communications Associate to join our creative and fast-paced communications team and help us build a better Washington. The Communications Associate position is a terrific opportunity to be on the front lines of the fight for a more ethical government, and make national news while impacting national issues.
As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and communications grounded by in-depth research. As CREW continues to take bold legal action to hold the Trump administration, Congress and others accountable for conflicts of interest, ethics abuses and violations of the law, we are looking for a Communications Associate who is quick on their feet, takes initiative, and cares deeply about stopping the ethics crisis facing our government from becoming the new normal. We welcome diverse skills and experiences.
- Draft and edit content for publication promoting CREW’s legal and policy work to a large and diverse audience;
- Manage social media content from start to finish, including drafting, editing, running approvals, posting, and analyzing performance;
- Work with the Communications Director in developing and pitching story ideas;
- Work with CREW’s legal, policy and research departments to coordinate content and timing of press releases, blog posts, and lawsuits;
- Draft and edit blog posts and other content for the website;
- Build and manage press lists; and
- Monitor the news and keep senior staff up-to-date with clips relevant to CREW’s mission.
A great candidate has:
- 1-3+ years of communications experience, preferably in nonprofit, government, campaign or comparable setting;
- Experience with the creation and management of time-sensitive materials;
- A demonstrated commitment to producing superior written work, graphics experience a plus;
- An interest in government ethics and money in politics issues; and
- A passion for the news
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include your last name and “Communications Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
CREW is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.