Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a policy assistant. CREW is a nonpartisan non-profit dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics. The policy assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to support the work of the attorneys on CREW’s policy team and other CREW staff and to facilitate communication and collaboration inside and outside CREW. Specific job duties will include:
- As part of the policy team, creating and implementing an effective strategy to advocate for improvements in government ethics, campaign finance, and transparency regimes;
- Coordinating outreach, including to Capitol Hill offices and other outside organizations, to help share CREW’s expertise with others, including documenting meetings and conference calls; and
- Developing and implementing a system for internal communication to help all CREW staff be aware in a timely manner of projects, developments and events in the policy area.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience or interest in democracy reform and related policy issues; and
- Experience with project management bringing together the work of a diverse set of individuals.
An excellent candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, able to take direction and work independently with little supervision, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Place your name and “Policy Assistant Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
CREW is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.