Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a passionate and aggressive press secretary. As the nation’s leading nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and communications grounded by in-depth research.
As CREW takes bold legal action to hold the current administration, Congress and others accountable for conflicts of interest, ethics abuses and violations of the law, you will be on the front lines of getting CREW’s work and message to the American public.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done recently:
- Served as an on the record spokesperson
- Drafted and edited press releases, blog posts, op-eds and email updates
- Coordinated interviews for CREW’s executive director, board and team of experts
- Built and managed targeted press lists
- Developed and pitched story ideas on CREW’s original research
- Assisted the communications director in forming and executing CREW’s communications plan
A great candidate has:
- 3-8 years experience, preferably in a nonprofit, campaign or Hill position
- Minimum 1 year on the record experience
- Demonstrated experience and success with pitching media
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in government ethics and money in politics issues
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include your last name and “Press Secretary” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.