Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a creative and detail-oriented staff assistant. As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and communications grounded in in-depth research.
CREW is looking for a creative, results-driven relationship builder who is committed to our mission. We need someone who is quick on their feet and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government and democracy reform.
- Serve as CREW’s first point of contact for VIPs, supporters, members of the press and the public
- Directly support the executive leadership on a day-to-day basis as the lead contact on scheduling and other administrative tasks
- Work closely with the executive director, deputy director, and chief operating officer on long-term projects to improve the everyday function of the office
- Assist CREW’s principals with planning meetings and events in the broader good government community
- Ensure smooth operation of the office functions
- Assist with CREW’s fundraising efforts through processing donations over several platforms
- Coordinate logistics for internal meetings and events
- Other duties, as assigned
A great candidate has
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to three years of work experience (including work study and internship experience)
- The ability to pivot and adjust priorities responsive to short- and long-term needs
- The ability to initiate and execute projects independently while exercising good judgement and discretion
- Excellent demonstration of oral and written communication
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and G Suite
- A great sense of humor and enthusiasm for their work
- The ability to work through solutions independently and as a team player
- An interest in government ethics, transparency, and money in politics issues
Salary is commensurate with experience. Extensive benefits package including full health, dental and vision insurance coverage as well as a generous 401(K) program you’d be included in on day one.
How to apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include your last name and “Staff Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.