Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a creative and detail-oriented staff assistant. As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and communications grounded by in-depth research.
CREW is growing quickly and is looking for creative, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to our mission. We need someone who is quick on their feet and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government.
- Serve as the face of CREW to members of the public, Capitol Hill staff, members of the board of directors and others interested in connecting with CREW on a daily basis.
- Monitor incoming correspondence to legal, research, policy, communications and executive teams and route accordingly.
- Assist in the filing of legal documents and update progress on CREW website.
- Work closely with the executive team on scheduling needs.
- Process grassroots contributions from donors throughout the world.
- Maintain 501(c)(3) state charitable registrations and other IRS financial documents and registrations.
- Plan and organize internal and external office events, meetings, and conferences.
- Assist in the invoicing process, prepare expense reports, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Act as liaison between CREW and outside contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of work experience (can include work study and internship experience)
- The ability to pivot and adjust priorities responsive to short- and long-term needs
- Comfort initiating work and executing independently while exercising good judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- A great sense of humor and enthusiasm for your work
- An interest in government ethics and money in politics issues
Salary is commensurate with experience. Extensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401(K).
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include your last name and “Staff Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.