Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeks a passionate and creative lawyer with some mix of litigation, policy, management, and/or legislative experience to fill a newly created Staff Counsel position.
CREW is a non-profit dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics. We are looking for an attorney, preferably with some managerial experience, to help us build a better Washington. We need someone who’s quick on their feet, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government.
- As CREW takes legal action to hold the new administration and others accountable for conflicts of interest, ethics abuses, and violations of law, law firms and talented lawyers across the country, with specialties including civil litigation and FOIA, are volunteering to help with this effort. In this position, you will help develop CREW’s approach for utilizing these volunteers, work with other CREW attorneys and staff to formulate projects, and assign and coordinate their work.
- You will help support the efforts of attorneys leading CREW’s board and other high-profile supporters to publicly advance the issues of promoting ethics in government and reducing the improper influence of money in politics. This will include legal research and writing, drafting of publications, and coordination between board members, CREW staff, and outside supporters.
- You also will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of CREW’s legal actions, such as litigation, administrative complaints, open records requests, and policy initiatives.
A great candidate has:
- J.D. (required);
- A minimum of 3 years legal experience;
- Self-starter interested in helping build, activate, and manage a national network of pro-bono attorneys;
- An interest in ethics and money in politics issues;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks;
- The ability to work collaboratively;
- Great writing and communication skills;
- Initiative to identify needs, take charge of tasks, and get things done in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
Please, no phone calls.
CREW offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. CREW is an equal opportunity employer.