Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a legal assistant. CREW is a nonpartisan non-profit dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics. The legal assistant’s primary responsibility will be to support the groundbreaking litigation work of CREW’s attorneys, which includes cases under the U.S. Constitution, the Federal Election Campaign Act, and the Freedom of Information Act, among others. Specific job duties will include:
- Preparing documents for court filing, including by cite-checking, creating tables of contents and of authorities, and formatting according to court rules;
- Creating and updating internal files for litigation and other complaints;
- Maintaining calendar of deadlines for both lawsuits and Freedom of Information Act requests;
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls with outside counsel and others; and
- Providing similar legal assistance to attorneys in non-litigation contexts, such as filing complaints and other documents with government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- One to three years’ experience in a litigation support position, such as a legal assistant or paralegal at an advocacy organization, government agency, law firm, or other entity engaged in federal litigation;
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook); and
- Basic knowledge of Westlaw or LexisNexis and legal citation formats.
HOW TO APPLY
An excellent candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, able to take direction and work independently with little supervision, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Place your name and “Legal Assistant Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
CREW offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. CREW is an equal opportunity employer.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is seeking paid legal interns for the fall of 2017. Responsibilities include legal and related research, analyzing emerging issues, and assisting in the preparation of complaints, reports and other written products. Interested applicants must have completed at least one year of law school and must possess strong writing and analytical skills. The legal intern position offers law students an opportunity to participate in a current hot-button issue of great public importance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please place your name and “Legal Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a nonprofit, legal watchdog group that targets government officials who sacrifice the common good to special interests. We use litigation and investigative reports to shine a light on those who betray the public trust.
CREW seeks undergraduate students to serve as research interns during the fall of 2017. Undergraduate research interns will assist with research and operations alongside CREW’s research team. Interns will learn and use various sources of public information to track special interest spending, campaign spending, and political contributions, and will also review lobbying records. Additional duties include distributing news clips internally, drafting content for reports and blogs, and creating datasets. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, enthusiastic, resourceful, detail-oriented, and interested in legal or ethics issues.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is based in Washington, D.C. Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and availability to Walker Davis at [email protected]. Please place your name and “Research Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.