Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a creative and aggressive social media manager. As a nonpartisan non-profit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and bold communications grounded by in-depth research. From tracking the conflicts of interest of the new administration to combing through campaign finance reports to identify legal and ethical violations, CREW’s team is busier than ever, and we need a social media manager to be our link with our community of supporters and help us to grow that community further. The ideal candidate will be able to make an immediate impact taking CREW’s digital presence to new heights.
The Social Media Manager will write with the goal of motivating supporters to take action and get more involved in CREW’s work. Creativity, an understanding of CREW’s mission and the ability to give voice to it online are all required for this role. The Social Media Manager will be a member of the communications team.
- Conceive and manage ambitious social campaigns with a focus on long-term storytelling.
- Draft social content that is creative, timely, and inspiring.
- Manage the social content from start to finish, including drafting, editing, any graphic design and video requests required, running approvals, posting, and analyzing performance.
- Work closely internally and externally with outside vendors to create high-performing content.
- Grow both CREW’s social media presence and community.
- Work across departments to support CREW’s communications, fundraising and research programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years of writing experience in a political, non-profit, or advocacy setting.
- The ability to recognize a great news hook and share it with supporters in a way that fits within CREW’s mission
- A personable and engaging writing style.
- An eye for good photos and graphics that will succeed on social media, as well as the ability to work with designers to conceive of and produce them.
- Strong attention to consistency and detail.
- Experience with basic HTML and a constituent management system
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please place your name and “Social Media Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. We can respond only to candidates whom we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is seeking unpaid legal interns for the fall of 2017. Responsibilities include legal and related research, analyzing emerging issues, and assisting in the preparation of complaints, reports and other written products. Interested applicants must have completed at least one year of law school and must possess strong writing and analytical skills. The legal intern position offers law students an opportunity to participate in a current hot-button issue of great public importance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please place your name and “Legal Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we can only respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview.