CREW is not only focused on exposing wrongdoing, but on proactively strengthening our democracy. In CREW’s vision for our democracy, the corruption that dominated Donald Trump’s presidency would never be allowed to happen again, the voice of the people would be louder than the voice of big money and elected officials would not be given a pass on inciting violent insurrectionists.
We have worked hard in recent years to lay the groundwork for key reforms, and now that the danger to our democracy is less imminent, there is finally an opening in 2021 to get those reforms done. CREW’s policy work is wide-ranging and includes ambitious new proposals, public advocacy for crucial existing legislation like the For the People Act, congressional testimony and coalition work with valued partners.
The danger of failing to repair our democracy has never been clearer. It’s time to get to work.
- Ten reasons for the Senate to pass the For the People Act
- The nonpartisan & bipartisan origins of the For the People Act
- CREW statement on the passage of the For the People Act
- CREW statement on reintroduction of HR 1
- Transparency’s Critical Role in Strengthening Public Trust in Government
- Limiting money in politics: Good news from across the country
- Congress should not get a pass on cleaning its own house
- Donald Sherman testifies on GSA failures during presidential transition
- CREW staff testified in early HR 1 hearings
- CREW highlights ethical risks of legal expense funds
- CREW testifies at OGE hearing on legal expense funds
- CREW testifies before the House Ethics Committee